Tuesday, July 21, 2009

life is what happens while you're busy making plans

This week has been a busy one, and not in the way I had hoped. I was hoping to have the trench marked and begun by tonight, but I forgot that I need to do some other practical things, like moving out of my apartment. I've spent the week so far packing, moving, and showing my apartment. I'm going to have to spent tonight and tomorrow finishing that. That means that I can start marking out the trench on Thursday (I hope). I am however going to be able to go to the farm tomorrow morning to test the straw bales, and put in my order.

Having the right bales are very important in a straw bale house. The bales should be tightly packed, enough so that you can swing it around by the strings without the bale shifting around. I also need to cut one open to make sure the bale is dry and free of mold. It is also preferable that the bales are fairly freshly cut. I already know that my bales are from this season, so that is not an issue, but I need to check on everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment