Thursday, July 9, 2009

Buying lumber

I got a call back yesterday from Joe (Cobra's friend) asking what exactly I needed as far as lumber goes. I think this means I have found my source. Should this fall through I also got an email from some one at EcoSupply, a sustainable building store here in town focusing on interiors, and they gave me some sources of earth friendly lumber.

Now that I have some ways to get wood, i need to order it. I spent the morning figuring out what I need. I'm going to build the frame like a deck with concrete footings then simple posts and beams. I should be able to build the frame for the roof with:

24 - 2"x10"x14'
4 - 2"x10"x20'
3 - 6"x6"x12'
3-6"x6"x14

That is the lumber just to frame the roof. I will need some more for the door and window frames, but I'll use the scrap wood I've collected for that. I'm hoping that if I get in an order today I will be able to get the wood by Monday. I think that once I have the wood at the site the framing can be done by the end of the week. At the moment I am about a month behind where I wanted to be, but I am hoping that I will be able to pull it together and have a finished house by September the 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment