Wednesday, July 8, 2009

lumber leads

Last night was fairly fruitful in the lumber department. First I got an email from a man named Cobra who mills old logs that have been cut down already. I got his email from a post on craigslist about "green" lumber. It is a little strange because when he emailed me back, he said to call this other guy Joe and say that cobra sent me. Hopefully I'm not getting myself tangled up in something sketchy. I called Joe and left a message so maybe I'll hear back today.

I also got an email from a family that had a pile of old lumber that was previously the deck of an above ground pool. They told me that they weren't sure how much was useable, but I could have whatever I wanted. I drove out there last night and got a fair amount of lumber. There were about six usable 12 ft long 2x6s and a few shorter 4x4s. I had to sort through some rotten and bug covered wood, but it I got some good pieces and all it cost was the gas to drive out there. I think that if I can get anything from cobra/joe and maybe a few more piles of scrap wood then I'll be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment