Thursday, August 6, 2009

measure twice, dig once

I finished the foundation trench today. it is about 2 ft deep, 1.5 ft wide, 15 ft on the long side, and 10 ft on the short side.



It was a good day to work because it was cloudy, and then rainy. I would much rather do hard work in summer rain then summer sun. Unfortunately I had to dig the front trench twice. When I marked the site originially I had it in my head that my size limit was 200 sq ft, and that my plans called for the long side to be 15ft arbitrarily. 15 ft seemed a little small so I uped it to 17 ft. Of course, my actual size limit is 150 sq ft, (this is the maximum size you can build a structure in the city of richmond and not have a permit) and my short side is 10 ft, so I had to move my front trench back 2 ft. Moving the trench flet like it went really quickly, maybe I was just in the grove and the temperature was nice, or maybe I had gotten better at the digging, probably a combination of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment