Thursday, August 13, 2009

Still Digging

Hopefully today was the last day of trench digging. After the original dig I thought that I would only have a couple of hours of clean up, but getting the trenches to the right dimentions was a huge undertaking. First I needed to widen the trench by about six inches all the way around. I had made the trench the exact width of the concrete support beam that will hold up the bales, and I needed some extra room on the out side. After that I needed to adjust the depth so that water would flow out of the trench and into the dry well. Here is the trench, the dry well is in the foreground.
Below is a water flow diagram. The floors of each part of the trench are angled so that water will run down hill in to the dry well.

When the water is in the dry well, which is just a big hole that will be covered in landscaping fabric then filled with rocks, it will slowly be absorbed into the surrounding ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment